Job Description: Community Outreach & Volunteer Assistant
The Community Outreach & Volunteer Assistant is responsible for assisting the Festival Manager with duties related to recruiting, briefing and coordinating volunteers and planning a Volunteer Appreciation Event after the festival.
Location: The position is located in Twillingate NL.
Duration: 2 July – 5 October 2018
Type: Job Creation Program (JCP) (pending approval of funding)
To be JCP eligible, applicant must be currently unemployed and currently on EI, have been on EI in the past three years or have received maternity EI benefits in the past 5 years. Please indicate in a cover letter whether you are interested in either type of work and your EI eligibility if you are potentially interested in a JCP funded position.
To Apply: Send resume to email@example.com before 19 June 2018.
Under the supervision of the Festival Manager, assist with the coordination of the community outreach and volunteer support for the festival; duties including but not be limited to helping:
- Create a community outreach and volunteer recruitment plan
- Develop and distribute promotion materials for recruitment purposes
- Plan volunteer reception for information and recruitment purposes
- Screen potential volunteers
- Develop and maintain a volunteer list with relevant contact info, availability, etc.
- Develop volunteer schedule for all festival activities
- Determine and acquire supports needed for all volunteers
- Provide volunteer orientation
And responsible to:
- Perform administrative duties to support the above tasks including reports/updates for the Board and/ or Festival Manager
- Perform other duties as may be required by the Festival Manager and/ or Board of Directors
- Experience working with public or community relations and volunteers
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Public speaking skills an asset
- Familiar with MS Word and email
- Ability to work well under limited supervision and in a team setting
- Flexibility to work occasional hours outside of regular office hours, especially during the festival week
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and have the use of a reliable vehicle