Job Description: Festival Manager
The Festival Manager is responsible for all aspects of organizing and executing the 2018 Unscripted Twillingate Digital Arts Festival. The Festival Manager will work with the help of existing templates and a festival plan as guideline, under direction of a Board of Directors. The Festival Manager is also responsible for the coordination of a small office team and volunteers.
Location: The position is located in Twillingate NL.
Duration: 1 July (or before) – 31 October 2018
Remuneration: Competitive rate, commensurate with experience
To Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before 19 June 2018.
Management of all aspects of the Unscripted Twillingate Digital Arts Festival, including but not limited to:
- The setup of the office and hiring/managing a small office team and related administration
- Working with the Board of Directors in soliciting and securing festival sponsorship
- Marketing management (managing development, production and distribution of all relevant festival promotional materials/ activities), oversee web maintenance and facilitate media inquiries
- Responding to festival communications as appropriate
- Accounting Administration: Monitoring all financial transactions and maintaining all related financial records (deposits, expenditures, petty cash, remittance, GST, WHSCC, etc.)
- Completing and submitting funding proposals, claims and reports
- Project and financial reporting to the Board and funders
- Responsible for oversight of planning and execution of all festival events/activities. In conjunction with the Board:
- Develop and distribute call for festival presenter and speakers
- Review and determine appropriate festival presenter/ speakers and activities
- Drafting contracts for festival presenters, speakers. Etc.
- Approving accommodations for contracted festival presenters and speakers
- Approving venues for festival events
- Overseeing ticket/ merchandise sales through Eventbrite and onsite at office or event venue
- Daily cash reconciliation during Festival
- Monitoring the filing and organizing of festival information, documents and databases
- Purchasing approved office equipment and supplies as per budget
- At the end of the festival season, oversee
- the compiling of a Festival Manual providing an overview of the festival planning/ coordination details
- the dismantling of festival office including the documenting, organizing and storing of all festival equipment, supplies and documents
- Updating and storing Festival Office Inventory.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
- Have experience and strong skills in event planning/ coordination
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Have supervisory experience
- Have basic accounting skills
- Be skilled in MS Office and email with some experience in social media platforms
- Have flexibility to work hours outside of regular office hours, especially during the festival week
- Have ability to work independently and as a lead in a team setting
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and have the use of a reliable vehicle