Job Description: Marketing Communications & Social Media Assistant
The Marketing Communications & Social Media Assistant is responsible for assisting the Festival Manager with duties related to festival communications, marketing, promotion and social media.
Location: The position is located in Twillingate NL.
Duration: 2 July – 5 October 2018
Type: Contract or Job Creation Program (JCP)
To be JCP eligible, applicant must be currently unemployed and currently on EI, have been on EI in the past three years or have received maternity EI benefits in the past 5 years. Please indicate in a cover letter whether you are interested in either type of work and your EI eligibility if you are potentially interested in a JCP funded position.
To Apply: Send resume to email@example.com before 19 June 2018.
Under the supervision of the Festival Manager, assisting with the coordination of the marketing and social media promotion of the festival; duties including but not be limited to helping::
- Revise the existing marketing plan for festival promotion
- Update all marketing materials (website, posters, rack cards/ brochures, You Tube, community channel ads, etc.)
- Distribute marketing materials (including delivering brochures and posting relevant info in local area and region
- Post relevant information to social media platforms based on the marketing plan schedule (including multiple daily posts during the festival week)
- Develop content for e-newsletter communications tool and press releases
- Monitor and respond to social media comments/ inquiries
- And responsible to:
- Perform administrative duties to support the above tasks including reports/updates for the Board and/ or Festival Manager
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Festival Manager and/ or Board of Directors
- Experience and skills in marketing and social media applications (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Familiar with MS Word and email
- Strong organizational and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under limited supervision and in a team setting, sometimes under deadlines
- Experience with website management and media relations will be an advantage
- Experience with using a graphic design program will be an advantage
- Flexibility to work occasional hours outside of regular office hours, especially during the festival week
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and have the use of a reliable vehicle