Roary J. MacPherson has been a working chef for more than 25 years, starting his career at the Sheraton Hotel Newfoundland in 1988. He has worked extensively throughout Canada, including New Brunswick and Alberta, before returning to Sheraton Hotel Newfoundland in 2003 as their Executive Chef.
Having grown up on a farm in rural Newfoundland, Chef MacPherson has been a huge promoter of local regional cuisine throughout his whole career, and it does not stop with the cuisine; it’s with the people as well. Chef MacPherson takes part in many events throughout the year that promotes our people and products around and outside of Newfoundland. He is also heavily involved with local charities and donating his services to ogranizations throughout the community.
Some of Chef MacPherson’s many professional accomplishments include:
- Appeared on Chopped: Canada television show in 2014
- Won Gold, Silver and Bronze at Gold Medal Plates, St. John’s, most recently in 2015
- Awarded “Best Integration of Newfoundland Food” by the Department of Forestry and Agrifoods
- Awarded “Restaurateur of the Year” by Hospitality Newfoundland and Labrador
- King of Cod Champion at Roots, Rants and Roars Festival in 2013 and 2015
- Listed in Who’s Who Canada for 2012-2013
Outside of the kitchen Chef MacPherson is the proud husband of Kathy and father to Luke.